Oatmeal is wonderful because its a great source of fiber, and also available in gluten-free for to those sensative to gluten.
Here is a recipe that I like for those on-the-go days where you need a protein-packed breakfast or snack but don't have time to make it!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten free if you like)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs milk (I like unsweetened organic coconut milk, but you may choose any you like)
- 1/4 cup your choice of high protein, low sugar yogurt, like Siggis Whole Milk Yogurt Or Wallaby Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced fruit of your choice (think nectarines, pears, apples)
- 1/4 cup berries of your choice, plus more for garnish
- Sliced almonds, toasted for garnish
- A touch of Honey, for drizzel - careful not to overdo the sugar
Combine oats, milk, yogurt, fruit, and berries. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with extra raspberries, almonds and honey if using.
Source: Siggis Icelandic-Style Greek Yogurt Label